Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Idol Final 2: Live!

Welcome to tonight's live finale blog! (Although I have to admit that I'm already a little annoyed that I don't have a laptop or a tv in the same room as my computer. This running back and forth makes my drink slosh, and that's not cool. Plus, my cat is really confused.) Anyway. Here we go!

7:00 - Come on MMM, could you be a little more excited?

7:01 - This has been annoying me all season. I hate how Seacrest says something like "This is a Tuesday...and THIS is American Idol. The misplaced emphasis implies a comparison dude, so you're basically saying that the two things are mutually exclusive. Wait - are you telling me that Seacrest didn't major in English? Shocking.

7:02 - New theatre, net set featuring Will Rogers stairs. But why does Kara look so angry at the fact that Camren Manheim is in the audience?

7:03 - Carly!

7:05 - It's good to admit that your director is an idiot that can't keep a live show within the allotted time period.

7:07 - I've only had two glasses of wine so far. Maybe I should make a drink.

7:10 - Trap + Trenchcoat + Backlight = Pretty Damn Cool

7:12 - This was way better than last time (except for the trouble slipping into that last note) - thank you for not screaming.

7:13 - "I love that you sang something that you sang during the season." Um, that was the rule, Randy. Good job being on top of things. "A for Adam!" Oh well. At least he can spell.

7:19 - Woo!

7:20 - Oh now you're all on board? Calling Round One for MMM? Let's remember last week when you said Gokey was a master. Remember that?

7:21 - Maybe I wouldn't be as angry at the judges if I hadn't slammed that drink.

7:27 - Those aren't words.

7:29 - Oh does St. Louis Love Adam? You also love the Cardinals and vinegar in your BBQ, so there you go.

7:30 - Katie Holmes! And Suri!

7:32 - This Minute Maid commercial is hilarious.

7:34 - The cast of Glee! Who else is psyched?

7:38 - Oh Paula. I love when you use the title of the song to make your point.

7:39 - Booooooo. Boo to Simon. Booooooooo. Round Two to WRS. Whatever. It's like this every season. Simon probably isn't even listening.

7:40 - Let's have a moment for the laziness of Simon Fuller. It's like he took the Idol Gives Back songbook and closed his eyes and pointed. Come on, without DWD, I thought we might be spared the inspiration.

7:44 - Wow, does this song suck, or is he just doing really poorly?

7:48 - Cop out! COP OUT! That performance sucked. And Randy of all people is the only one to call it out? You can't start talking about the amazing season after a song like that. Booooo.

7:49 - You can't just make a sign that says ADAM or VOTE ADAM. I know my friend Erin would agree that the signage this season has taken a major downtown. The only good one I saw this year was:

Kris
Rocks
Idol
Send Gokey Home

So true.

7:55 - Nope, it's the song. That sucks.

8:01 - I miss Carrie. I also miss when my DVR didn't cut off Idol. And force me to add ten minutes to the end of Fringe. Or in this case, Glee.

8:02 - What is that corset thing? Paired with the sparkly drama club t-shirt?

8:04 - I need another drink.

8:05 - GLEE!

----------------

OK kids, that's it for tonight's live blog. Tomorrow night's two hour performance should yield lots more angst, and probably lots more alcohol. I'll be spending the next four hours voting 02, 04 and 06, and I hope you'll do the same. Go Team MMM!

No comments:

Post a Comment