Monday, January 26, 2009

In Which I Throw My Hands Up
(Top Chef: Episode 9 recap)

Seriously. I am done with all of you people. Stephanie, please come back - and stop appearing in those uncomfortable commericals with chefs that I have never heard of. I don't want to taste their desserts featuring Dr. Pepper, and neither do you.

I'm forgoing the usual format, because I'm just too annoyed.

REAL WORLD: It's nice that two seemingly professional chefs have decided to air their personal lives on tv, in front of the world AND THE PEOPLE THAT THEY'RE CHEATING ON. Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you're laying together on a one person couch and making out, you've crossed the line between "flirting" and "cheating." I'm glad you two were flustered. If Gail knew what was going on, she'd send you home in a heartbeat.

THOUGHT #1: Which reminds me how much I miss Gail. This Douche-y Young appears to speak in soundbites - like he has a list of pithy phrases that he wrote in his Top Chef Notebook on the plane from England and he just pulls one or two out at random each week.

HOOTIE HOO: Please stop messing up. Please? Please?! I'll be sad when you go, just because I no longer like anyone else.

THOUGHT #2: I didn't actually think that Debbie would win, but I thought she had a good chance of Antonia-ing it into the top four.

SWEDISH CHEF: Why was it so hard to just tell your team what you were making for dessert? I wish you weren't such a jerk. But you're clearly the best one in the kitchen. I suppose you should win, just because no one else is competent. And because you're destined to be a head chef somewhere - then everyone will listen to you because they have to, not because you're a poor team player.

THOUGHT #3: This was a pretty lame Restaurant War. Why does someone always insist on food with "Asian flair?"

EVERYONE ELSE: Boo. That's all. Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment