Thursday, April 15, 2010

Idol Top 9 (Week Two) Results: They Day Our Prayers Are Finally Answered

Oh this is not going to be good. Did you see that group performance? Sure, it's fine if you close your eyes and listen - you know, since they're totally lip syncing. Wait. No it's not. Some songs are just not meant to be arranged for a show choir. (Yes, I'm sure Glee will prove me wrong at some point. But I will remain steadfast in my opinion on this matter.)

GROUP SONG: Fail.

FORD COMMERCIAL: Does someone miss the taping every week? What's up with Ginger?

JUDGMENT: All my anger is currently being directed at that stupid bow tie Gangsta Gokey is wearing. All of it. I want to rip it off his neck. And if he happens to choke when that happens, well that's a price I'm willing to pay.

ELIMINATION #1: Gangsta Gokey - Finally. But let's be honest. You really should have sung "Straight Up." Because that's all we've wanted from you since Day One.

CAMEOS: Elliott in Africa - I can't lie. I totally fast forwarded through this. Sorry, Africa.

Barefoot Potbelly (Brooke White) with Miley's ex - Well, you kids did your best. Come on Justin. You're trying to be a star. Maybe you look at the audience at some point. You can't always count on Potbelly to be there to carry you along.

SIDEBAR - The iTunes version of this is much better. Probably because you don't have to watch Justin looking petrified on stage and Potbelly looked skeeved that he is blowing it.

WickedRaverSiriano - Come on, Lambert. I actually liked this song. And you've managed to ruin it with your lasers and your weird rubato opening and your general off-key-ness. I'm not even going to mention the screaming. Unnecessary. Inevitable, but unnecessary.

ELIMINATION #2: Sorry Rory. Diana DeGarmo you aren't. You're not even Amy Adams. Give it a few more years and then head to the theatre. I'm sure there's a place for you as the Narrator in Joseph at the Toledo Community Playhouse.

Next Week: Inspirational Songs with Alicia Keys. Bleh. I'm already feeling uninspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment