Thursday, March 5, 2009

American Idol Wildcard Round: OK, sure.

Yeah, this was totally decided during the commercial break. The judges didn't have their favorites picked out in advance at all.

To save some time, let's list the good performances:
Matt
Ricky

And now let's list the bad performances:
Jesse
Von
Megan (Don't choose songs that remind me of my McPheever. You're not that good.)
Jasmine
Tatiana

Slumdog gets a pass, because well, I was bored after he botched that first low note and I fast forwarded.

The irony here is that I would also make similar lists for fashion judgment; except they would be switched around. (Skinny jeans, fedora, scarf...come on kids - did you take a page from the Johnny Depp playbook? You're not Johnny. You can't pull that stuff off.) Again, Slumdog gets a pass, because I'm pretty sure I own that polo shirt, and he deserves some props for not caring enough about what he looks like to just rock what he was wearing earlier today.

So although my picks were dead on (and I had a sneaking suspicion they'd pull out a fourth stool, but that didn't come until this afternoon in the middle of a very long wildcard discussion that devolved into talking about Lauren leaving the Hills - but I digress) I don't think that anyone but Howl at the Moon deserved it. But HSM3, BlondBjork and Slumdog were in it from the start. Even if one of them fell off the stage, I think the judges would have said something like "At least you fell off the stage like you - I know who you are as an artist. You are current, you're different, you're clumsy and I love it."

Oh whatever. Get ready for the finals. Top 13:

Dead Wife Downey Jr.
Jane Mancini
Roughneck
Charo
WonderBread
WickedRaverSiriano
THE BEST SINGER OF ALL TIME. EVER. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED IF YOU DON'T AGREE.
Napolean Blind-O-Mite
Menudo
HSM3
BlondBjork
Slumdog Idol
Howl at the Moon

Joanna and Apo'strophe, I miss you most of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment